Gord Ray (705) 652-7833 Ralph Cooke, (705) 295-6568, Jim Walker, John McConkey, Kim Cooke, Valerie Grills
Saturday, July 29, 2017
NOTES: A copy of liability insurance must be provided and a minimum of $1 million coverage unless released by L.F.B.
Beef cattle will be admitted to the grounds on Saturday, July 23rd before 10:00 am. All cattle must remain until completion of judging and under no circumstances may any cattle leave before 5:00 pm even if the judging has been completed unless released by LABS. NO TRUCKS are to be brought to the barn area before 5:00 pm. All cattle must have vacated the barns by 6:00 pm Saturday, July 29th unless permission has been given by Beef Cattle Chairman. To assist in cleaning the barns, the Directors would appreciate if the Beef Cattle exhibitors DO NOT use sawdust or shavings in the bedding. Exhibitors must on arrival apply to Director in charge for location allotted to them before unloading cattle. All pedigrees to be checked at the fair. All animals shown must be REGISTERED Pure Bred Canadian. An exhibitor is any breeder or farm which presents animals or farm products for official placing by a judge at the time specified by the Fair for judging. No splitting of cow, calf pairs.
BEEF CATTLE CLASSIFICATION
A fair must offer a minimum of 2 bull classes, 3 female classes and 1 group class to a maximum of 10 classes, including split classes from the following list of classes. Maximum of 2 entries per class. Each breeding unit is allowed a maximum of 10 exhibits excluding the Breeder’s Herd. All exhibits must be registered in the name of the exhibitor.
PRIZE MONEY: $42.00, $32.00, $27.00, $22.00, $20.00, $17.00, $17.00, $17.00, $17.00, $17.00 Placings after 10th - $10.00 each Herds 5 or more $50.00 bonus. Herds 2-4 $20.00 bonus. Please submit exhibitor’s prize claim sheet to the Secretary within 10 days following the fair.
No entry fee or deductions on prize money.
CLASS 24 – British CLASS 25 – Continental
Please read cattle rules & regulations.
1. Bull Calf – born on or after January 1, 2017 minimum of 3 months old on day of judging.
2. Bull Yearling – Born April 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016.
3. Bull Yearling – Born Jan 1, 2016 to March 31, 2016.
4. Bull – Born January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015.
5. Female Calf – born on or after January 1, 2016 minimum of 3 months old on day of judging.
6. Female Heifer – born April 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016.
7. Female Heifer – born January 1, 2016 to March 31, 2016.
8. Female – born January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015-with her own 2017 natural, purebred, tattooed calf at foot. Female and calf shall be shown as a unit except that the calf is eligible to be shown as a single animal in section 10.
9. Female – born prior to January 1, 2015, with her own 2017 natural, purebred, tattooed calf at foot. Female and calf shall be shown as a unit except that the calf is eligible to be shown as a single animal in section 10.
10. Breeder’s Herd – a group of 4 animals bred by exhibitor with both sexes represented. Animals must have been exhibited in section 1-9. At least one animal must be owned by exhibitor. Limited to one entry per exhibitor.
11. First place of each female class to compete for Champion Female of the Fair.
12. First place of each bull class to compete for Champion Bull of the Fair.
SPECIAL – Over 40Yr. Showmanship Class sponsored by Erinest Boyle & Sons Ltd.
OPEN CLASS FOR CROSS BREEDS 4-H MEMBERS
13. Open class for 4-H members with an unregistered female animal . Immediately following open show there will be a class for all aged heifers.
The Lakefield Agricultural Fair is organized by the Lakefield Fair Board and the Lakefield Agricultural Society
Copyright 2017. All Rights
web design by Terry Gillis, Creative Media Services