DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL, THE CATTLE SHOWS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED – SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE – HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT YEAR
All exhibitors and or owners of applicable livestock mainly cattle and sheep, please ensure appropriate(CCIA) tagging is in place prior to arrival at the fair grounds. Please assume that CFIA will be on site checking for appropiate identification tags and any animals found without tagging will be subject to CFIA rules and charges.
ALL CATTLE MUST HAVE PROPER CCIA TAG ATTACHED. IF THE ANIMAL DOES NOT HAVE ONE IT WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE GROUNDS.
4-H Inter-Club Beef Show
Committee: Jim Walker 705-652-3962, Gord Ray
Saturday July 29th – TBA
Notes: Trophies will be presented to the winner of each class. ANY 4-H CALVES TO BE SHOWN IN BEEF BREED CLASSES MAY ALSO BE ENTERED IN THEIR APPROPRIATE BREED CLASS.
- Heifer Calf – open to calves born in 2020, trophy donated by Jim and Linda Walker
- Junior Yearling Heifer – open to heifers born April 2019 –December 2019, trophy donated by Heartwood Farms
- Senior Yearling Heifer – open to heifers born January 2019-March 2019, trophy donated by Char-Leahy Farms
- 1st year Showmanship Class – open to first year members only, trophy donated by Mike and Darlene Sullivan
- Junior Showmanship – open to exhibitors 10-14 as of January 1, 2020, trophy donated by Tru-Ray Farms
- Intermediate Showmanship – open to exhibitors 15-18 as of January 1st, 2020, trophy donated by Double C Farms
- Senior Showmanship – open to exhibitors 19-21 as of January 1st, 2020, trophy donated by Steve Ritchie of C.I.B.C
- Peewee Showmanship – open to exhibitors 9 and under, Ben Leahy Memorial Trophy, donated by Kim Cooke
- Champion Showmanship – open to top 2 from each showmanship class, trophy donated by Sunderland Co-op
PURE BRED BEEF CATTLE
SATURDAY JULY 29TH – TBA
Committee: Ralph Cooke 705-295-6568, Gord Ray, Jim Walker, John McConkey, Kim Cooke, Josie McConkey
Notes: Premise id #ON4229155
$7.00 membership fee
A copy of liability insurance must be provided and a minimum of $1 million coverage to be carried.
ALL ANIMALS MUST HAVE CCIA TAGS IN EAR, AND BE FREE OF DISEASE OR ILLNESS. RECOMMEND PRE-VACINATION.
ALL ANIMALS MUST BE CONTROLLABLE – IF NOT, THE BEEF COMMITTEE MAY ASK YOU TO RETURN TO THE BARN OR TRAILER.
COMMITTEE COULD CHECK TATTOOS AT THEIR DISCRETION
Beef cattle will be admitted to the grounds on Saturday July 29th – TBA
All cattle must remain until completion of judging and under no circumstances may any cattle leave before 5:00 pm even if the judging has been completed unless released by the committee.
No trucks are to be brought to the barn area before 5 pm.
All cattle must have vacated the barn area by 6:00pm.
No Shavings or Saw dust allowed.
All animals MUST be Registered Purebred Canadian, except for animals that are entered in the open cross bred 4-H class.
NO SPLITTING OF COW CALF PAIRS.
EACH BREEDING UNIT IS ALLOWED MAXIMUM 2 ENTRIES PER CLASS UNLESS THEY ARE 4H SHOW ANIMALS, WITH A MAXIMUM OF 10 EXHIBITS EXCLUDING BREEDER’S HERD.
All exhibits must be registered in the name of the exhibitor.
$42.00, $32.00, $27.00, $22.00, $20.00, $17.00, $17.00, $17.00, $17.00, $17.00, placing 10th and on $10.00 each
Herds of 5 or more $50.00 bonus
Herds 2-4 $20.00 bonus.
Please submit prize claim sheet to Secretary with in 10 days of fair.
No entry fee or deductions on prize money
PURE BRED BEEF CLASSES
CLASS 24 – BRITISH
- Bull Calf- born on or after January 1, 2020, minimum 3 months of age
- Bull Jr. Yearling – Born April 1, 2019 to December 31st, 2019
- Bull Sr. Yearling – Born January 1st, 2019 -March 31st, 2019
- 2-year-old Bull – Born January 1st, 2018 -December 31st, 2018
- Champion Male- 1st place bull from each class and section at the same time for Champion of Fair, (ribbon only)
- Heifer Calf – born on or after January 1st, 2020 to March 31st, 2020, minimum 3 months of age
- Heifer Junior Yearling – born April 1st, 2019 to December 31st, 2019
- Heifer Sr. Yearling – born January 1st, 2019 to March 31st, 2019
- Female born January –December 2018 with her own 2020 natural purebred, tattooed calf at foot. Female and calf shall be shown as a unit except that the calf is eligible to be shown as a single animal in section 10.
- Female born prior to January 1st, 2019 with her own 2020 natural purebred, tattooed calf at foot. Female and calf shall be shown as a unit except that the calf is eligible to be shown as a single animal in section 10.
- Champion Female—1st place female from each class and section to compete for Champion of Fair (ribbon only)
- Breeders Herd – a group of 4 animals bred by the exhibitor both sexes represented. Animals must have been exhibited in section 1-9. At least one animal must be owned by the exhibitor. Limit to one entry per exhibitor
- Open Class for Cross-bred 4-H members—immediately following open show there will be a class for all aged heifers.
- Over 40 Showmanship Class – sponsored by Ernest Boyles and Sons Ltd., to be judged by the champion 4-H show person.
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL, ALL GOAT SHOWS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED – SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENCIENCE – HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT YEAR
DAIRY GOAT SHOW
Committee: John McConkey, Josie McConkey, Kim Cooke
CLASS 12 CLASS 14 CLASS 16 Class 18
Saanen Nubian Toggenburg Nigerian Dwarf
CLASS 13 CLASS 15 CLASS 17
Alpine La Mancha Recorded Grade
NOTE: THIS SHOW IS AN OPEN SHOW
All animals over 6 months of age must have their original registration papers on site. No goat may show in more than one class, except for Championship or special classes. Goats shown in Special classes must have been shown in their regular classes. Animals must be on the grounds by 9:00 am. Whites shall be worn. Milkers must be milked dry 12 hours prior to judging. Goats with hard distended udders will be disqualified at the discretion of the judge. Entries are limited animals per exhibitor per section. There is no limit to the numbers of sections entered. Please submit prize claim sheet to the secretary within 10 days of the fair.
Prize Money: $14.00, $12.00, $10.00, $8.00, $7.00, $6.00
- Doe Kids 0- 6 Months
- Doe Kids 6-12 Months
- Yearling Does (1-2 years that have never bored a kid)
- Championship and Reserve (Ribbons Only)
- Milking Does 1 – 2 years
- Milking Does 2-3 years
- Milking Does 3-4 years
- Milking Does 5 plus years
- Senior Championship and Reserve (Ribbons Only)
- Grand Championship and Reserve (Ribbons Only)
- Showmanship (12 years and under)
- Showmanship (13-18 years)
- 4-H Goat Show – 1. Confirmation; 2. Showmanship; 3. Costume Class
UNREGISTERED MEAT GOAT SHOW – FOLLOWING DAIRY SHOW
NOTE: LIMIT OF 2 ANIMALS PER EXHIBITOR PER SECTION, SCALES WILL BE PROVIDED ON SITE.
CLASS 18 A
- Meat Goat (all breeds) under 35 lbs, $50.00, $30.00, $20.00
- Meat Goat 35 lbs -80 lbs, $50.00, $30.00, $20.00
- Intact Billy under 80 lbs, $50.00, $30.00, $20.00
Committee: Elura McConkey 705-652-3589
All crops must be grown in 2023. The exhibit must consist of one 10 inch slice of hay, machine baled, undisturbed, placed in a plastic bag. All exhibits must be in no later than 4 pm Thursday July 23.
Prize Money $8.00, $6.00, $4.00
- First Cut Hay – Alfalfa at least 85 %
- First Cut hay – Grass and Legume mixture at least 30% grass or legume
- Second Cut Hay – Grass and Legume mixture, at least 30% grass or legume
- 6 Stalks of corn insulage
- 5 Cobs of grain corn
- Bushel of Haylage
- Sheaf of 6 Soybean plants
COMMITTEE: BRITTANY SCHELL 705-761-1252 and KIM COOKE 705-295-6568
RULES AND INFORMATION
- See rules included with prize list, they will strictly be adhered to.
- A copy of Liability Insurance must be provided and minimum $1 million carried or OEF (Ontario Equestrian Federation) card must be available.
- All exhibitors must be dressed appropriately.
- All exhibitors must be members of the Agricultural Society, a $7.00 fee to be paid with entry.
- Entries may be made by mailing the secretary at Lakefield Fair, Box 1444, Lakefield, Ontario, K0L 2H0.
- All enquires to be made to committee members at top of page.
- All exhibitors 18 years of age and under MUST wear a helmet. Over 18, it is recommended they wear a helmet.
- Prize Money: 1st $17.00, 2nd $14.00, 3rd $12.00, 4th $10.00, 5th $7.00
- Walk –Jog * Can not cross entry in any other performance class
- Equitation—pattern may be used
- Equitation – pattern may be used
- Open Working Hunter under saddle
- Open Hunter Hack over 1 jump
- Green Hunter over fences – X rail – open to any horse or rider but cannot show in any other fence class
- Open Low Hunter 00 max 2’6”
- Handy Hunter over Fences – max 3’
- Open Equitation over Fences max 3’
LIGHT AND HEAVY HORSE PULLS
Committee: John McConkey 705-652-3589 and RALPH COOKE 705-295-6568
- See Rules and Regulations on Entry Form
- $7.00 Membership Fee
- Light Teams Will Be Weighed
- Random Drug Testing May Occur
Entries will be accepted until one hour before the draw
1st Place-$350 each class – sponsored by Kingdon Timbermart
2nd Place-$150 each class – sponsored by Kingdon Timbermart
3rd Place-$125 each class – sponsored by Lakefield Agricultural Society
4th Place-$100 each class – sponsored by Lakefield Agricultural Society
5th Place-$50 each qualifying draw
Committee: Elura McConkey 705-652-3589
CANCELLED due to Avian Bird Flu
Sponsor: Elwood Hamilton Bus Lines
Juniors – any exhibitor under 16 years of age as of the dated of the fair. Age must appear on entry form. No Membership fees
Adults– $7.00 Membership fee to be paid with entries
75 bird limit per family.
All exhibitors must name their exhibits on the entry form and section number are required. Only exhibits that are on the list will be accepted.
Poultry must be at the exhibit building prior to 9:00 am on Saturday July 25th and remain until 4 pm or at the discretion of the committee.
The committee reserves the right to refuse or limit any entry. Birds showing any sign of disease or sickness will be removed at the discretion of the committee.
Entries are limited to 2 entries per section, there will be a Champion and Reserve Champion of the fair for both Jr. and Sr. exhibitors
Please mail entries to :
George Cooper, 1100 Coopers Falls Rd, Box 1, Cooper Falls, RR 1, Washago, Ontario, L0K 2B0.
Prize Money: $3.00, $2.00, $1.00
- New Hampshire Polish Silver Laced
- Plymouth Rock Barred Polish Buff Laced
- Plymouth Rock White Polish AOV
- Plymouth Rock AOV Hamburg Silver Spangled
- Wyandotte White Hamburg AOV
- Wyandotte Silver Laced Old English Game
- Wyandotte AOV AOV Standard
- Rhode Island Red Silkie A.V
- Jersey Giant Cochin Black
- Sussex Cochin White
- Orpington A.V. Cochin Blue
- Cornish A.V. Cochin AOV
- Leghorn White Mille Fleur
- Leghorn Brown Brahma Light
- Leghorn AOV Braham Buff
- Ancona Braham AOV
- Minorca Rose Comb
- Cochin Black Sebright Silver
- Cochin White Sebright Golden
- Cochin AOV Wyandotte White
- Brahma Dark Wyandotte Black
- Brahma AOV Wyandotte Silver Laced
- Wyandotte AOV 46. Plymouth Rock White
- Plymouth Rock Barred 48. Plymouth Rock AOV
- Rhode Island Red 50. New Hampshire
- Leghorn White 52. Leghorn AOV
- Japanese Black Tail White 54. Japanese AOV
- Old English Black 56. Old English White
- Old English Black Red 58. Old English Silver Duckwing
- Old English AOV 60. Cornish
- Modern Game 62. Bantam AOV
Class 31 A – Old Male
Class 31B—Old Female
Class 31C – Young Male
Class 31D—Young Female
- Indian Runner
- Call White
- Call Grey
- East Indian
- AOV Duck
- AOV Heavy
- AOV Light
Note: Eggs should be brought to the Poultry Barn on Saturday before 10 am
- 1 dozen White X-Large
- 1 dozen White Large
- 1 dozen Brown X-Large
- 1 dozen Brown Large
- Bantam eggs- 2 dozen X-Large
SHEEP SHOW – CANCELLED
Committee: Gord Ray 705-652-7833, Laura Robson, Trudy Ray
ALL SHEEP MUST HAVE PROPER CCIA TAG ATTACHED. IF THE ANIMAL DOES NOT HAVE ONE IT WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE GROUNDS OR CONTACT RALPH COOKE, LAKEFIELD FAIR BOARD FOR TAGS.
CLASS 31 – SUFFOLK
CLASS 32 – DORSET
CLASS 33 – OTHER BREEDS MEAT
CLASS 34 – OTHER BREEDS WOOL
$12.00, $10.00, $8.00, $7.00, $6.00
- Ewe yearling (3rd pair of temporary incisors must be in place), Bred and born in Canada
- Ewe (first pair of temporary incisors must be in place), born the property of the exhibitor
- Ram Yearling (3rd pair of temporary incisors must be in place), born the property of the exhibitor
- Ram (first pair of temporary incisors must be in place), born the property of the exhibitor
- Get of Sire (born the property of the exhibitor), a group of 3 animals, and full moth milk teeth by the same sire. Both sexes may be represented. Animals may or may both have been shown in previous classes.
- Breeders Flock (Bred and Owned by exhibitor), a group of 4 animals, both sexes to be represented. Each animal must have been exhibited in one of the previous classes. All animals must be of one breed.
- Junior Showmanship – 17 years and under
SHEEP CLUB 4-H ACIEVEMENT PRACTICE DAY
SPONSORED BY SUNDERLAND CO-OP
$15.00, $12.00, $8.00, $5.00
CLASS 1 – SHOWMANSHIP
CLASS 2 – CONFIRMATION
THANK YOU TO THE PETERBOROUGH SHEEP CLUB FOR THEIR DONATION TO THE SHEEP SHOW